A meek hobbit of the Shire and eight companions set out on a journey to
Mount Doom to destroy the One Ring and the dark lord Sauron
Director:
Peter Jackson
Writers:
J.R.R. Tolkien (novel),
Fran Walsh
Storyline
An ancient Ring thought lost for centuries has been found, and through a
strange twist in fate has been given to a small Hobbit named Frodo.
When Gandalf discovers the Ring is in fact the One Ring of the Dark Lord
Sauron, Frodo must make an epic quest to the Cracks of Doom in order to
destroy it! However he does not go alone. He is joined by Gandalf,
Legolas the elf, Gimli the Dwarf, Aragorn, Boromir and his three Hobbit
friends Merry, Pippin and Samwise. Through mountains, snow, darkness,
forests, rivers and plains, facing evil and danger at every corner the
Fellowship of the Ring must go. Their quest to destroy the One Ring is
the only hope for the end of the Dark Lords reign!
Written by
Paul Twomey
The Lord of the Rings Reviews
The
Lord of the Rings' is one of my favorite books, I have read it several
times, and remember thinking the last time, about 3 years ago that if I
made a film I'd want to make it of this, but wouldn't it be almost
impossible. You can then imagine how strong my expectations were when I
went to see the eagerly awaited first installment.
This film
impressed me hugely, more than anything else because of how true it was
to my imagination, both in the characters as well as in the effects and
setting- a sentiment I have heard consistently from other fans of the
books. Elijah Wood brought across the character of Frodo with the kind
of haunted, frail courage that Tolkien captures so well in the books.
Nor could I find any fault at all with Ian McKellan's Gandalf, Viggo
Mortensen's Aragorn, and Sean Bean's Boromir, all of whom I thought were
portrayed excellently. I could pick out instances where I did think,
'no, that's not right', however their seldomness in number would only
serve to illustrate the excellence of the overall portrayal. One thing
that did stand out for me was Cate Blanchett's performance as Galadriel,
the part itself became so perfunctory in the film that to me her
alternation between benevolent seer, and figure of potential terror
seemed little more than a slightly confusing detour with no real
connection into the plot other than as a vehicle for a glimpse into the
future. But that was it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment